May 20, 2019
Job application infomation is available at:
Physics Today job: https://jobs.physicstoday.org/jobs/12359529
CAS internatioanl talents: https://international-talent.cas.cn/front/index.html#/bicsite/recruitInfo/4a3f25d1f362476697798dd0f0e3629a/0
Position Title: Deputy Chief Editor, PIFI Fellow
GENERAL SUMMARY: Journal of Microelectronic Manufacturing (JoMM) seeks a deputy chief editor to join its editorial team through the “PIFI Fellow” program. The right person for this blended role is foremost a renowned scientist, professor, researcher or engineer from the semiconductor field, who can take substantial leadership on seeking for high quality manuscript submissions, promoting JoMM to peers, and boosting JoMM’s reputation.
ABOUT JOMM: JoMM is a newly launched international peer-reviewed journal founded by the Institute of Microelectronics of Chinese Academy of Sciences (IMECAS). JoMM’s scope includes, but is not limited to Device, Circuit, Design, Modeling, Process, Metrology, Materials, Packaging and Equipment. Website:http://www.jommpublish.org
ABOUT PIFI FELLOW: The “CAS President’s International Fellowship Initiative (PIFI)” program is sponsored by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and is granted to overseas experts to promote academic exchange. It will pay stipend which is up to 160k U.S. dollars annually and will be 2-3 years’ term which is extendable, and the working mode is quite flexible depending on final contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Encourage authors to submit high quality manuscripts within the JoMM’s scope.
· Expand the JoMM’s editorial board and enhance the interactions.
· Represent and promote JoMM at various occasions.
· Involve and contribute to JoMM’s strategic planning and implementation.
· Flexible upon discussion, telecommuting is allowed.
· A PhD in the engineering or science discipline.
· Previously or currently hold a senior level position at renowned semiconductor companies, institutes or universities, with substantial influence within this field.
· Over 10 years’ work or research experiences directly related to the semiconductor manufacturing area.
· Ambitious and strong self-motivation for the journal project.
· Superb communication, team-work and organizational skills.
· Prefer retired researchers or professors who can better dedicate to the journal affairs.
Employment is through PIFI Fellowship for a qualified individual who is ready for an exciting academic opportunity on the cutting-edge semiconductor technologies.
· 95k-160k USD